View your privacy settings
View your privacy settings history
Last updated 22 November 2023.
Additionally, I will make every reasonable effort to inform you when I interact with third parties with your information; however, you are solely responsible for reviewing, understanding, and agreeing to or not agreeing to any third-party privacy policies.
Information I Collect and How I Collect It
You must provide me with certain information, such as your name and email address, to sign up for my mailing lists and receive communications from me. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information from time to time if you contact me directly. I collect your information when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time.
My web hosting provider Hostinger may automatically process the following information from visitors to this website, contained in data logs: IP address, domain name, date, request method, URI user agent, referrer, TLS version, and cache data.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I collect, use, and share your information in several legally-permissible ways, including:
- As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to provide you with customer support or to settle disputes;
- When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing lists;
- If necessary to comply with a court order or legal obligation; and
- As necessary for my own legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and enhancing my services and using my hosting provider’s automatic data logs to promote site security and check for evidence of illegal or malicious activity.
Communications I May Send You
I may communicate with you via the contact information you provide me in several ways, including:
- By email, when you have signed up for one of my mailing lists and provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, to receive emails from me. You may opt out from receiving all mailing list communications by filling out the form here: https://www.paperjuly.co/unsubscribe/.
- If necessary to comply with a court order or legal obligation.
- As necessary for my own legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and enhancing my services.
Third-Party Information Sharing and Disclosure
Protecting my customers’ personal information is crucially important to my business, and I take it very seriously. For these reasons, I share your personal information with third-party service providers only for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances. I engage the following trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to Paper July:
- Brevo, which is the platform I use to send emails and which stores your contact information when you sign up for email updates from Paper July. You can read more about how Brevo uses your personal information here: https://www.brevo.com/legal/privacypolicy/.
I share you personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services:
- In the Event of a Business Transfer. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- In Compliance with Laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that doing so is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) perform legal obligations to which I am bound by agreements; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
This website uses the WordPress plugin Real Cookie Banner to manage website visitors’ consent to cookies and similar data-processing technologies. Real Cookie Banner asks website visitors for consent to set cookies and process personal data. For this purpose, a UUID (pseudonymous identification of the user) is assigned to each website visitor, which is valid until the cookie expires to store the consent. Real Cookie Banner uses the following cookies: real_cookie_banner*, real_cookie_banner*-tcf, and real_cookie_banner-test. These cookies are used to test whether cookies can be set, to store reference to documented consent, to store which services from which service groups the visitor has consented to, and, if consent is obtained under the Transparency & Consent Framework (TCF), to store consent in TCF partners, purposes, special purposes, features and special features. As part of the obligation to disclose according to GDPR, the collected consent is fully documented. This includes, in addition to the services and service groups to which the visitor has consented, and if consent is obtained according to the TCF standard, to which TCF partners, purposes and features the visitor has consented, all cookie banner settings at the time of consent as well as the technical circumstances (e.g. size of the displayed area at the time of consent) and the user interactions (e.g. clicking on buttons) that led to consent. Consent is collected once per language.
Some pages of this website included embedded subscription and/or unsubscription forms from the above-referenced Brevo, which you may use to subscribe or unsubscribe from my mailing lists. These forms use the __cfruid cookie from Cloudflare. This cookie provides critical security and performance services and is primarily used to detect bots. You may learn more about this cookie here: https://blog.cloudflare.com/deprecating-cfduid-cookie/.
Links to Other Websites and Their Content
How Long I Store Your Information
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction has.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. Your rights are as follows:
- Right to Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Right to Change, Restrict, or Delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (such as where I am required to store information for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon your request.
- Right to Object. You can object to (a) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (b) receiving marketing messages from me. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue storing and using your information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Right to Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
You may reach me with any concerns relating to privacy at email@example.com.
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Dalia Kobeissi, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.